The Platinum Series
- Larger tank sizes provide more drawdown and improves pump performance.
- Butyl Rubber Parabolic Diaphragm -Prevents rubbing on tank wall or rolling over on itself.
- Direct connect diaphragm seal prevents any leakage between water and air chambers.
- Powder coated water chamber provides maximum protection against corrosion.
- Projection welded air valve with "0" ring cap seal for double protection.
- Exclusive no-weld RUST-GUARD- base design assures proper paint coverage in the base area.
- Two-piece construction (on many models) reduces welds on tanks.
- Ultra-UV exterior powder finish offers the ultimate protection against the elements.
- 5-year warranty
- Metal air valve with “O” ring cap seal for added protection
- Projection welded
Powder Coated Exterior
- Provides positive protection against corrosion
- An attractive addition to any home
- High UV resistance
- Certified to ASTM Automotive Salt Test Standards
Butyl Rubber Parabolic Diaphragm
- Eliminates rubbing the tank wall or rolling over on itself
- Strong and flexible with smooth operation for long life
Double Draw Uniweld Design
allows two piece construction
Interior Powder Coating
- Powder coating permanently bonded to the shell
- Proven protection against internal corrosion
- Eliminates clinch rings and plastic liners
Exclusive no-weld RUST-GUARD™
- Eliminates weld in the base area
- Reduces corrosion in the base or lower tank
example, for a system that delivers 10 GPM at 30-50 PSI, with a minimum run time of 1 minute, Chart 1 indicates that the proper tank is the SBD-36S.
SBD Series Free-Standing Tank Selection Chart
this procedure. First, find the “drawdown multiplier” by
matching the pump start-up and shut-off pressures on Chart 2.
For example, the multiplier for a 30-50 PSI pressure range is .31.
Next, insert the pump GPM capacity and desired minimum
run time into this formula:
To assume dependable drawdown volumes, and in keeping
with present industry practice, drawdowns are based on
Boyle’s Law. For example, using a 10 GPM pump, a one-minute
is as follows:
Then, using Chart 3, select the tank that has a minimum
volume that meets or exceeds your minimum volume
requirement and supplies adequate drawdown at the required
pressure range. Minimum drawdown equals Pump GPM X
Minimum Run Time. Therefore,
in the above example, select
the SBD-36S 36-gallon tank. It provides adequate drawdown at
SBD Free-Standing Series
The standard front-entry installation. Gauge, relief valve and
pressure switch are installed in front of tank.
using a universal mounting base. The
pump can be attached to the top of
either a vertical or horizontal tank. For
installation convenience, the horizontal
series is available with pump mount and
legs factory installed.